January 28, 2021
Project Title: Disaster Risk Financing and Investment in Nepal
Collaborating Partner: Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC)
Duration: December 2020 to April 2021
Area Coverage: National
Key Project Staff: Mr. Dhanej Thapa, Team leader and Nabin Shrestha, Research Officer
The major objective of the Study is to:
- To develop an understanding on disaster risk financing framework and different DRF instruments implemented under Nepal’s federal system.
- To conduct a review and assessment of existing DRF tools (or lack there of) that support disaster risk financing in Nepal.
- To explore in detail how disaster risk financing and investment systems and/or structures are currently referencing gender inclusion in budget lines, activities etc.
- To understand the enablers and barriers(policies, institutions and practices) to inclusive climate and disaster risk financing in the context of Nepal,
- To develop an integrated approach, framework and strategy on climate and disaster risk financing for Nepal.